Transfer Status Definitions Print this Article
Transfer Status Definitions
Here is a list of the most common transfer status explanations along with a definition and possible corrective action (as required).
- Transfer Request Created - Awaiting Fax
Fax transfer order has been created and submitted via our website, however, we have not yet received the signed fax transfer form for the order.
Fax transfer orders must be accompanied by ICANN required FOA (Form of Authorization/copy of legal identification of the registrant or administrative contact). Acceptable forms of identification are:
- Notarized statement of identity
- Valid Drivers license
- Article of Incorporation
- Military ID
- State/Government issued ID
- Birth Certificate
Note: Please allow 24 hours for receipt and recording.
- Awaiting auto-verification of transfer request
- An auto-verification transfer order has been submitted and we are the process of obtaining the current whois data in order to generate the verification email.
- Transfer request not yet submitted
- Transfer order has been created by the user but has not yet been submitted to our transfer database. To submit the transfer, login to your account, go to "domain names" and then "my transfers", click the transfer order number and then click the "submit" button.
- Transfer Pending - Awaiting Release by Current Registrar
The verification email for this transfer has been sent and responded to. This domain transfer has been initiated with the Global Registry and is in PENDING TRANSFER status as of the date listed below and is awaiting approval and release by the losing registrar. The process is complete from our side and the domain must be released to the registry by the losing registrar.
The losing registrar has five days once the domain is pending to respond. Please note the domain is sent to pending transfer status once the verification email has been authorized, fax recorded or valid EPP key submitted.
Note: No changes can be made to domains in "pending transfer" status. (including expiration)
- FAX received - awaiting registrant verification
- Fax receiving and our system need to verify the registrant information provided by the Universal whois. This is an automatic process that our transfer system handles.
- Awaiting manual FAX verification
- The verification fax has been received and we are not able to obtain the current whois data. When this occurs, the name is placed into a queue where it will be manually verified within 48 hours.
- Transfer in Process - Acquiring Current Whois for Transfer Verification
- When an auto-verification transfer request is initiated, our system attempts to obtain the registrant and/or administrative contacts from the current registrar in order to generate the transfer verification email. Sometimes, due to the current registrar blocking outside whois queries, we are unable to electronically retrieve the required whois information to proceed with the transfer request. When this occurs, the domain is placed into a verification queue where it is manually updated. Our goal is to attend to these within 48 hours; there are sometimes delays where this manual process is not completed within this time frame.
The current whois information has been collected and the verification email has been sent to the authorized contacts, however, we have not yet received a response. This status will remain until the verification email is responded to, or the transfer cancelled and closed. If the transfer is not responded to within seven (7) days, it will be.
Note: If the email address is not the correct or current address for the domain, please contact the current registrar and update your contact information. You will need to cancel the current transfer order and submit a new request so our database has a record of the whois information at the time of transfer initiation.
- Canceled - Unable to transfer due to unknown error
- In this case we recommend submitting a new order with the same domain name(s).
- Canceled - Transfer authorization fax not received
- When a fax order is created, but the authorization fax is not sent in to verify the request, the transfer will be cancelled. Fax orders are held in open status for 30 days. If the fax is not received within 30 days, the order will be marked with this status.
- Canceled - domain contacts did not response to verification e-mails
- The verification email was not replied to by the authorized domain contact(s). If the transfer is not responded to within seven (7) days, it will be cancelled with this status.
- Canceled - domain contacts did not approve transfer of domain
- One of the authorized contacts declined the transfer request.
- Canceled - Whois information provided does not match current registrant
- This transfer was cancelled as the whois information provided does not match current registrant. When submitting a fax transfer, the registrant information you input when initiating the request must match the current whois information (registrant/admin contacts and address/phone - email does not have to match) from the current registrar. If this information does not match, the transfer will be rejected.
- Canceled - Domain is currently not registered and cannot be transferred
- This means that the domain name is not a registered domain name, therefore is not active or transferable. This status will be returned for transfer attempts made for domains in Redemption Period or Pending Delete status.
- Canceled - Domain is locked at current registrar or is not yet 60-days old
The domain status is currently "Registrar-Lock". A registrar lock is a security setting that prevents domains from being transferred between registrars. When this occurs, contact the current registrar and request the lock be removed.
Due to a registry restriction, domains that are not yet 60-days old are not transferable between registrars. This is a registry rule, not a restriction instituted by eNom.
- Canceled - Transfer already initiated for this domain
- Once a domain is in "pending transfer" status, duplicate transfer requests for the domain will be cancelled with this status message.
- Canceled - Transfer rejected by losing registrar
This transfer request was validated by the registrant/admin contact for the domain and sent to the registry for release and approval by the losing registrar. A request was then sent to the global registry for approval and release by the losing registrar; this request was rejected by the current registrar.
Unfortunately, we do not have access to the reason(s) the current registrar has rejected your transfer request. Please contact the current registrar for additional information.
- Cancelled by customer
The transfer order was cancelled from within the eNom account from which it was initiated. A transfer order can only be cancelled prior to being initiated to the global registry and going into PENDING TRANSFER status.
Once the domain is pending transfer, the only way to cancel the transfer is to request the current registrar NACK (manually reject) the transfer with the registry.
Was this answer helpful?
All domain names must be renewed once per year. The renewal process includes a domain renewal...
For more information about Registrant Education, please click here:...
Add a DMARC recordDMARC Records are published via DNS as a text(TXT) record. They will let...
Closed Redemption is a state that a domain enters once it has expired and gone through the...
The cache is cleared over a certain amount of time. We suggest waiting up to 24 hours for the DNS...